Italian wedding crockpot/slow cooker with kale and barley.
You can have Italian wedding crockpot/slow cooker with kale and barley using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian wedding crockpot/slow cooker with kale and barley
- It’s 6 cup of vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of barley.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery diced.
- You need 6 of links of chicken, turkey or pork italian sausage (sweet, mild, or hot).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 3 of kale leaves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of parmesan cheese to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of water (as needed).
Italian wedding crockpot/slow cooker with kale and barley step by step
- Add all ingredients except for kale, sausage and parmesan cheese and water.
- Empty sausage out of casings a piece at a time to resemble tiny meatballs. Brown them in a frying pan if you wish first. I never have time to do this so I just drop them in the crockpot raw.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4.
- About 30 mins before serving taste soup and add water if too salty or too thick, and add chopped kale to crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parmesan cheese.