Walnut and Ricotta Cake.
You can have Walnut and Ricotta Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut and Ricotta Cake
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar + 1/4 cup sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Walnut pieces (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 5 of eggs separated.
- It’s of finely grated peel from 1 orange.
- It’s 2/3 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 6 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare dash of nutmeg optional.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of apricot jam (for glaze).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brandy (for glaze).
- You need of semi-sweet chocolate for grating garnish.
Walnut and Ricotta Cake step by step
- Preheat oven 375 degrees..
- Grease and line bottom of 9" springform pan..
- Roast walnuts over medium heat for only a few minutes..
- Cream butter, flour, ricotta, egg yolks, grated orange peel, and 2/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Whip egg whites in separate bowl until stiff. Incorporate 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla into egg whites. (add optional dash of nutmeg).
- Fold whites and nuts into the batter 1/2 at a time..
- Place batter in pan, bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan..
- Transfer cake to a plate..
- Heat apricot and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan..
- Press apricot mix through a sieve and stir in brandy. Drizzle over cake. Top with chocolate shavings..
recipe by Alta Vida Culinary Studio @cookpad