Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls).
You can cook Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls)
- It’s of Rice paper (the large one) you can find it at any Asian store, but I seen it at Smith’s super store too.
- You need of Shrimps.
- It’s of Tofu (silk tofu) cut in long wedge.
- It’s of Cucumber cut into long tiny wedge.
- It’s of Lettuces (tiny slices).
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro.
- You need of For dipping sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of dates (you can substitute with sugar).
- You need 2 tbsp of hot water.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce (fish sauce).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice (less or more).
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (optional).
- Prepare of Chili flake (optional).
- It’s Pinch of mushrooms powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (less or more).
- It’s of Chopped tiny cilantro.
- You need of Equipments to soften the rice paper:.
- Prepare of bowl Super large.
- It’s of Warm water.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) step by step
- Cook the shrimps (I just boiled it) you can either grilled or sautéed.
- Heat up the non-stick skillet then unfried the tofu. You can fried it with oil if you wish..
- After all the ingredients ready add the warm water into a bowl..
- Dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds and lay on rolling surface such as a plate or cutting board. Do not over soak because it will become soft and tear easily..
- I like to lay the tofu or shrimp first, then cucumbar, lettuce, and cilantro, or either way as you like..
- Then rolling the spring roll the same as you rolling the lumpia. Repeat with the same way for the rest of the ingredients. Set aside..
- Now working on the dipping sauce: First in a small bowl add dates and 2 tbsp of water. Microwave for 20 seconds. Smash it until it soft, you can add more 1-2 tbsp of water mixed well. And using another bowl and strain it..
- Add all the rest of dipping sauce ingredients into the dates mixture mixed well, and taste it..
- Lastly arrange the fresh spring rolls on a plate along with dipping sauce..
- Enjoy your healthy meal of the day!.
- ❤️Happy Cooking❤️.
recipe by Nia Hiura @cookpad