You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 4 lbs of baby red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bacon bits.
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add sliced onion & sautée until translucent. Add minced garlic & cook until fragrant..
- Stir in flour until evenly combined. Then add milk, salt & pepper & thyme. Whisk until combined. Continue cooking until sauce comes to a simmer & thickens. Remove from heat & set aside..
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 of the potato slices in an even layer at bottom of the dish. Top evenly with 1/2 the cream sauce & sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Then top again evenly with remaining potato slices, remaining cream sauce, remaining cheddar cheese, all of your parmesan cheese & your bacon bits..
- Cover with aluminum foil & bake for 30 mins, remove foil & bake for another 30 mins. Serve & Enjoy!.