Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake. The Best Butterscotch Cupcakes Recipes on Yummly Butterscotch Cupcakes, Butterscotch Cupcakes, Butterscotch Butterscotch Cupcakes with Butterscotch ButtercreamVeena Azmanov. Winter Solstice Cupcakes with "Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer" FillingFoodista.
The pudding in the batter not only adds great flavor, but makes the cupcakes so moist and tender. One of the best cupcake bases ever! The frosting starts with browned butter. You can make Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake
- Prepare of Butterscotch cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn syrup or glucose.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid vanilla.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 90 grams of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of Cupcake Batter.
- You need 4 1/2 oz of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 oz of cocoa.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 oz of porter beer.
- You need dash of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs (room temperature).
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Buttermilk caramel topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (to mix).
- You need 2 3/4 cup of powdered sugar (mix with the caramel sauce).
If you've never tried it, don't be afraid. I used Bell's Porter beer in the batter instead of the hot water. Porter is dark and thick with flavors of malt, dark chocolate, and coffee. Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake instructions
- In a pan mix the water, corn syrup and sugar and heat until it forms a caramel at 350°F. Make sure not to burn..
- Remove from heat and add the cream, the lemon and the vanilla. Bring back to heat, mixing until all the ingredients are combined. Remove from the heat again and add the butter and let completely cool off..
- Cream the butter with sugar and then add eggs. Mix the Buttermilk with the beer in 2 batches (this is the liquid batch).
- In another bowl mix the cocoa, baking powder, salt, flour (divide in 3 batches) This will be the dry batch..
- Once the creamed butter is mixed with the eggs add per batch: 1 part dry batch, 1 part liquid batch, 1 part dry, 1 liquid and finish with 1 part dry. Mix by hand or blend at slow speed..
- Bake for 12 min at 350°F..
- When ready let cool and then top with the Buttermilk caramel..
To prepare the topping: In a small bowl, stir together the nuts, sugar, cinnamon, and Chocolate-Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Chocolate cake from a boxed mix gets a special treatment when spread with an easy butterscotch frosting and draped with a caramel-nut topping. "I love to make this cake for guests or to take to potlucks," writes Gloria Guadron of Washington, Indiana. Cream: in another large mixing bowl add the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Add eggs and eggs yolks, mixing after each addition, just until combined. The Butterscotch Cupcakes recipe out of our category muffin!