Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes. Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes My first ever chocolate mocha anything to experiment with and wow, so moist and decadent! These mocha cupcakes are a great coffee/chocolate combination. These chocolate mocha cupcakes are chocolate lover's dream.
Or seriously don't talk to me. Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a. In a large bowl, beat sugar, coffee, oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. You can have Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- You need of For the Cupcakes.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter (not margarine), melted.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of of your favorite strongly brewed coffee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
- It’s of For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of softened butter (room temp).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into coffee mixture until blended. So needless to say – these mocha cupcakes with coffee frosting are a total winner. The idea came a few weeks ago when I was enjoying a large coffee and fudgy chocolate cupcake. The bitter coffee was the perfect thing to cut the sweetness of the sweet, chocolate-y goodness.
Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Line 2 cupcake tins (12each)with liners (makes 24 cupcakes)..
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar, eggs, butter and buttermilk. Add almond extracted nutmeg and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift bread flour and cocoa powder until its lump free..
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined..
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined..
- Add brewed coffee to the mixed batter and mix again until combined..
- Fill each cupcake tin 3/4 way full. Any more and your batter will run over and create a huge mess!.
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean..
- Once cupcakes are done, set aside to cool while moving on to make the frosting..
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter for one to 2 minutes..
- Sift the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder in a separate bowl until lump free then slowly add it to the butter in the mixing bowl..
- Add the heavy whipping cream, almond extract and nutmeg. Mix until smooth, creamy and airy about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Frost cupcakes and decorate if desired. Enjoy!.
So it only seemed logical to combine the two. This homemade Hostess cupcake recipe is way better. Perfect chocolate cupcake, filled with homemade marshmallow crème, dipped in chocolate ganache, and topped off with the classic View Post Notes. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl with a whisk, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. These Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting are super easy to make but very delicious to eat!