Charlotte's Famous Pecan Pie.
You can make Charlotte's Famous Pecan Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Charlotte's Famous Pecan Pie
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsulphured molasses (such as Grandma's) – not blackstrap molasses.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) of pecan halves.
- You need 1 of unbaked deep-dish pie crust, homemade or store-bought.
Charlotte's Famous Pecan Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl..
- Spread pecan halves evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. (They will rise to the top during baking.).
- Pour filling into pie crust over pecans..
- Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes. Pie is done when the center reaches 200°F on an instant-read thermometer, or when the center surface springs back when lightly tapped. If crust is getting too brown, cover edges with foil..
- Let cool for 2 hours after removing from the oven. Store pie in the refrigerator..