EasterBake Chocolate Mousse Cake (GF).
You can cook EasterBake Chocolate Mousse Cake (GF) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EasterBake Chocolate Mousse Cake (GF)
- Prepare 180 g of Bournville dark chocolate.
- You need 175 mls of olive oil.
- It’s 50 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 6 of large eggs.
- You need 100 g of gluten free white flour (or regular plain flour if preferred).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum (if using gluten free flour).
- You need 90 g of mini eggs.
- You need 100 g of dark chocolate (to decorate).
EasterBake Chocolate Mousse Cake (GF) step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tin with parchment paper..
- Break the chocolate into chunks and add to a microwave proof bowl. Add the oil and then heat on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted. Set this bowl to one side to cool..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks and whisk. Then whisk the flour into the chocolate batter..
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks. Then fold the egg whites into the chocolate batter. Stir with a metal spoon until the whites have been incorporated, but try not to knock the air out..
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for ten minutes in the tin, then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack..
- Break 100g of chocolate into chunks and place in a small microwave-proof bowl. Heat on high for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over the cake and decorate with mini eggs..
recipe by Sonia @cookpad