Chinese Steamed Castella Cake.
You can cook Chinese Steamed Castella Cake using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Steamed Castella Cake
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of Cornmeal.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 grams of Baking powder.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 300 ml of 40°C water.
- It’s 1 of Raisins.
- You need 1 of Pumpkin seeds.
- It’s 1 of Walnuts.
- It’s 1 of Sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Chinese wolfberry fruit.
Chinese Steamed Castella Cake step by step
- Prepare the ingredients. Soak the wolfberry fruit in water..
- Chop the walnuts into easy to eat pieces and combine with the rest of the seeds and nuts..
- Mix the dry yeast with 50 ml of the hot water and a tiny bit of sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes..
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and sugar..
- Pour the proofed yeast into the mixture and combine..
- Add the remaining 250 ml of hot water..
- Mix in 2/3 of the seeds and nuts. Let it sit at a temperature of 30°C to rise..
- Once it has doubled in size, scatter the remaining 1/3 of seeds and nuts over the top..
- Place over a pot of boiling water over high heat and steam for 20 minutes. (Adjust the time based on the size of the container.) Turn off the heat and let it sit as is for 2 minutes to steam with the residual heat..
- Once a skewer is removed cleanly, it's done!.
- Decorate with Chinese dates for a steamed castella cake!.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad