Jaggery-Wheat Flour Cake.
You can have Jaggery-Wheat Flour Cake using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Jaggery-Wheat Flour Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of jaggery / gud.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of fruit juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of almonds chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried fruits (berries,fig,cherries,kiwis).
- It’s 2 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cashews.
- It’s 2 tbsp of walnuts chopped.
- You need 10-12 of dates chopped.
Jaggery-Wheat Flour Cake step by step
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup jaggery, ¾ cup olive oil, ½ cup curd.Soak dried fruits in half cup of juice for twenty minutes..
- Whisk well making sure jaggery dissolves completely. Further, add 2 cup wheat flour, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and pinch salt. sieve all together making sure there are no lumps..
- Mix well with cut and fold method until all the dry ingredients combine well with the mixture. also, add ½ cup fruit juice or as required and prepare a thick batter. furthermore, add almonds, raisins,cashew, walnuts.dried fruits soaked in juice and dates..
- Fold gently making sure the dry fruits are mixed well.Pour the mixture into greased tin with baking sheet.Place dried fruits and nuts on the top. bake the cake at 180 degree celsius for 40 -50 minutes..
- Now allow the cake to cool completely and later cut into thick slices and serve. finally, serve the jaggery-whet flour cake or store in an airtight container..
recipe by Sadhana Mohindra @cookpad