Vickys Spiced Pear Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Spiced Pear Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced Pear Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 360 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of (scant) xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of (1 cup) olive oil.
- It’s of (1/2 cup) l ight coconut milk.
- Prepare of (1/2 cup) white sugar.
- You need of (1/2 cup) soft brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 400 g of or 2 large pears, peeled, cored and small diced.
Vickys Spiced Pear Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a 10" round springform cake tin.
- Add a quarter of the diced pears to a small pan of simmering water or pear juice on the stove. Cook for a few minutes until softened then drain and puree / mash well. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and ginger together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the sugars, oil, milk, vanilla and pear puree together until the sugar is dissolving well.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mix and pour in the liquid in, combining to form a smooth batter. GF flour may need a splash more milk added.
- Fold in the chopped pears and spoon the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until firm to the touch, golden and pulling in from the sides of the tin.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes then either cut into portions and serve warm with ice cream or custard….
- Or turn out, let cool completely on a wire rack then dust in icing sugar and slice.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad