Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
How to make pumpkin spice cupcakes. These pumpkin spice cupcakes are super easy and can be whipped up in no time. Just follow the simple steps below to get started. You can make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- You need of Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need of Cupcakes.
- You need 1 of (18.25 ounce) box Duncan Hines Signature Spice Cake.
- It’s 1 of (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of pure pumpkin puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 2 of 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of (about 5 3/4 cups) confectioners' sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
Scroll down for the printable pumpkin cupcake recipe. Combine the spice cake mix and pumpkin puree in a bowl. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, pumpkin pie spice, sour cream, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for about two minutes on medium speed until well combined..
- Using a large cookie scoop, distribute the batter between 24 muffin wells; about 3 tablespoons of batter per well..
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins for about 10 minutes..
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack. Once cupcakes are cool, prepare your frosting..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes. Add in the butter and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes..
- Turn the mixer down to low speed and gradually add in the confectioners' sugar until it is completely incorporated. Add in vanilla and mix until incorporated. Turn off the mixer and check the frosting for taste and texture. Turn the mixer back up to medium-high speed and beat the mixture for about 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy..
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes..
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, pumpkin pie spice, sour cream, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla. In medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cake flour makes these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes exceptionally soft, exactly what you want when you bite into a cupcake. The canned pure pumpkin and vegetable oil used in the batter give the cupcakes a moistness reminiscent of a pumpkin muffin, but the tenderness of the crumb is unmistakably that of a cupcake. Blend cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl at low speed until moistened.