Healthy Caramel Apple Cheesecake.
You can make Healthy Caramel Apple Cheesecake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 30 grams of Biscuits.
- Prepare 20 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 15 grams of Unsalted Butter (melted).
- You need of Cake batter.
- You need 200 grams of ●Cottage cheese (strained type).
- Prepare 60 grams of ●Granulated sugar (or sugar of your choice).
- It’s 100 grams of ●Plain yogurt.
- You need 1 of ●Egg (whole egg).
- It’s 1 of ●Egg yolk.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Soy milk (or regular milk).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Lemon juice.
- You need 30 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Apple & Caramel.
- It’s 1 of Apple.
- You need 20 grams of Granulated sugar (or sugar of your choice).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
Healthy Caramel Apple Cheesecake step by step
- <Caramel Apples> Slice the apple into 8 wedges, remove the peel and core, and chop into 2 mm thick pieces..
- Mix the water and sugar together over heat and heat the mixture until it starts to turn golden-brown..
- Add the apples from Step 1 and stir everything together briskly..
- Cover the pan and steam cook the apples for 5 minutes over low heat. Turn the apples over a few times to prevent burning. When the apples are soft and golden, stop the heat and leave them to cool..
- <Base> Roughly crush up the biscuits for the base of the cake and blend them finely in a food processor along with the walnuts. Combine the mixture with melted butter until the biscuit crumbs are all moist..
- Line a cake tin with parchment paper and then pack the mixture from Step 5 into the bottom of the tin with the back of a spoon. Place the tin in the fridge to chill the base..
- <Cake batter> Place all of the ● ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth. Lastly add the cake flour and blend the mixture well again..
- Take the tin from Step 6 out of the fridge and scatter the apples from Step 4 over the top..
- Pour in the batter from Step 7. Bake the cake at 180°C for 35 minutes..
- The cake is done. Remove it from the cake tin once it has completely cooled..
- When you cut the cake you'll be able to see some caramel apples peeking out. This cake tastes even better when chilled well..
- Reference: I used this brand of biscuits this time. 5 biscuits should add up to around 30 g. You could use plain biscuits instead or a different brand entirely if you'd prefer..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad