Vickys Homemade Chocolate, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Homemade Chocolate, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Chocolate, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 140 grams (5 oz) of cocoa butter.
- You need 85 grams (3 oz) of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 6 tbsp of icing / powdered sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of flavour extract (vanilla, orange, mint, rum etc) or to taste.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Vickys Homemade Chocolate, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- First melt the cocoa butter either in a bain marie or in the microwave. If microwaving stir every 30 seconds until melted, it should only take a few minutes. Don't boil the butter.
- Now gradually add and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Add the salt and flavouring, then add the sugar to taste.
- To make prettier chocolates that won't melt so easily at room temperature, you need to temper the mixture. Please refer to my tempering link below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360395-vickys-tempered-chocolate-hints-tips.
- If you're not so worried about that, pour the mixture into a jug so you have better control of the flow.
- Now pour into moulds. I kept the plastic that were inside the kids christmas advent calendars. They are a perfect thickness, not too deep. I keep a lot of these type of things!.
- Let set for half an hour in the fridge.
- Pop out of the moulds and store in a lidded container in a cool, dark place.
- This recipe makes a darker chocolate. To make a milk chocolate, swap out some of the cocoa powder for powdered milk. For a dairy & soy-free version use powdered rice milk or coconut milk. You can buy both on the Amazon website.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad