Carrot and walnut cake. Just right with a cup of tea. To make the cake, whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and oil together in a large bowl. A carrot cake that is moist, but not oily.
Finally, fold in the walnuts, raisins and carrots. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. This is my favorite recipe for carrot cake! You can have Carrot and walnut cake using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts ( or peacan nuts ).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
One of our most popular recipes! Just read all the rave reviews! Jump to the Easy Carrot Cake Recipe or watch our quick recipe video below to see how we make it. Some carrot cakes are oily and dense, but not this carrot cake!
Carrot and walnut cake instructions
- Cream sugar and 4 egg yolks..
- Set aside the egg whites for later..
- Mix in the grated carrots..
- Beat in the flour alternating with the oil. Mix well..
- Mix in the cinnamon powder and the baking powder..
- Beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Fold into the cake mixture..
- Fold in chopped nuts..
- Pour into a greased round or square cake tin and bake in a moderate oven for about 50 minutes..
- Cool and ice with creamed cheese icing or dust with icing sugar..
recipe by celestepereira @cookpad
There are two warring camps at Ottolenghi over the vital issue of … carrot cake. This moist, delicious carrot cake has traditional ingredients like carrot, pineapple, and walnuts, with the addition of toasted coconut flakes to dress up cream cheese icing. Spice up carrot cake with chai. This diabetic-friendly dessert packs a nutritious punch with whole wheat flour, flaxseed and shredded carrots. Enjoy with an afternoon cuppa, and refrigerate the rest for later.