Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls.
You can cook Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls
- It’s 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of fat free milk – I used 2% milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour – divided.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of cooking spray.
Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls step by step
- Combine first 4 ings. In a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and 110º. Stir well until smooth. ( I put mine on top of the stove )..
- Measure out flour ( level off) .Combine 1&1/2 cups flour , yeast, salt in a large bowl. Add potato mixture. Stir well to combine. Add eggs . Stir again. ( I used my Kitchen- aid mixer)..
- Add 2 cups of flour to potato mixture. Stir until soft dough forns. Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth ( about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup flour. 1 Tbsp. At a time to prevent sticking. Place dough in a large bowl coated with olive oil. Turning to coat. Cover and let rise. About 1 hour. Mine took a little longer . until doubled.punch dough down. Cover and let rest 5 minutes..
- Divide dough in half. Working with one portion at a time. Roll one portion 14×7" retangle on floured surface. Roll up tightly starting with short end. Pinch seams together to seal place loaf in a 8×4" loaf pan coated with cooking spray..
- Shape remaining dough into 9 portions . ( I made 12). Shape each into a ball. Place balls into an 8" square baking pan sprayed.Coat top of loaf with cooking spray. ( I used oil). Cover and let rise. About 30 minutes or until doubled. ( Gently press fingers in the dough if an indentation remains dough is ready)..
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bske 30 minutes or until tops of rolls are brown and bread sounds hallow when tapped on bottom. Remove from pans. Cool..