Vickys Pizza-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Pizza-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pizza-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of olive oil, divided.
- You need of medium baking potatoes, any variety.
- Prepare of onion, peeled & chopped.
- Prepare of courgette / zucchini, sliced.
- Prepare of summer squash, peeled & sliced.
- You need of sliced white mushrooms.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of marinara sauce, recipe below if required*.
- Prepare of cheese of choice to top, I use 'Violife' (Vegan, Soy-Free).
- You need of Marinara Sauce.
- You need of can chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of tomato puree/paste.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of finely diced onion.
- Prepare of freshly chopped basil.
- Prepare of white wine.
- You need of dried oregano.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of sugar.
Vickys Pizza-Style Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, brush with 1/2 a tablespoon of the oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, around 1 – 1 & 1/2 hours. You can also bake in the microwave on full power for 7 – 12 minutes depending on the wattage. Mine take 10 mins at 800W.
- When the potatoes are almost tender, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the courgette, squash, mushrooms, onions & salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender and golden brown, around 6 minutes.
- Preheat the grill / broiler. Halve the potatoes, transfer to a baking dish cut side up and top with the vegetable mixture. Pour some warmed marinara sauce over the potatoes then top with as much cheese as you like. Grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 2 or 3 minutes, then transfer to plates and serve.
- For the marinara, place the tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a blender and blitz until smooth. Saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes in a large frying pan. Add the blended tomato sauce, basil and white wine. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This makes twice as much as needed in this recipe but you can freeze the half you don't need for another time.
- Instead of marinara you can try my tomato-free tomato sauce, recipe in my profile https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332955-vickys-tomato-free-tomato-pasta-sauce-ketchup-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- My Bean Sprout 'Pasta' recipe uses the same marinara recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361521-vickys-bean-sprout-pasta-and-marinara-sauce-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad