Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, honey, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Combine the whole wheat flour and baking powder; stir into the batter until blended. Health lovers and peanut butter lovers unite!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. This Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is so easy to make, they almost feel like a life hack. It uses ingredients I bet you already have in your pantry… whole wheat flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda, egg and of course peanut butter. You can cook Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. This whole wheat cookies recipe makes cookies a little healthier. The honey is a more natural sugar and gives the cookie a nice moist texture.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Soften the butter by microwaving it for 30 seconds..
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and egg until completely smooth. Stir in the baking powder. Next add the whole wheat flour and mix until totally blended. If the dough ends up being too soft to work with, refrigerate for an hour..
- Roll dough into palm size patties and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a fork..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
The whole wheat flour gives it more nutrients and fiber while still tasting great and you get protein from the peanut butter. It puffs up when baked and has a nice cake-like-ness to it. Peanut butter cookies are usually a great candidate for using whole wheat flour, even if you're not usually a big fan of using whole wheat flours in baking. Whole wheat flour has a stronger flavor than regular all purpose flour does, and in some types of cookies, that flavor can sort of take over the cookie and hide the more delicate flavors. Honey Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies Honey Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies.