Date and walnut bars. This recipe for golden, chewy, date-and-walnut-packed bars comes from the Los Angeles pastry chef Margarita Manzke, who grew up in the Philippines and now runs the sweet side of the kitchen at République. Finally a date bar that is moist and holds together. I shared these bars with my neighbor and she loved them as much as my husband did!
Around this time of year in Seattle we all start really craving sunshine and last year I promised myself that a break was in order. Date-Walnut Honey Bars. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Oatmeal Date Bars: Healthy Snacks for Travel. You can cook Date and walnut bars using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date and walnut bars
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of Dates, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Walnuts, chopped.
These date bars continue to be a big hit at our house. This recipe was first developed because I was looking for a These Oatmeal Walnut Gluten Free Date Bars are seriously dreamy! They make the perfect energizing on-the-go snack, and are a healthy. In a large bowl, mix together the walnuts, dates, powdered sugar, and eggs.
Date and walnut bars instructions
- Sift the flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt into the flour. Set aside..
- Add brown sugar, white sugar to the melted butter. Mix well..
- Add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture one at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed well. Then , fold in dates and walnuts to the mixture..
- Add the flour. Mix until just combined, dont overbeat..
- Oil or butter the pan (9×14 inch). Pour the batter and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until done..
- Let it cool completely before cutting into bars..
- You could also wrap them in colored cellophane. Perfect as a holiday treat or gift..
recipe by enelrah77 @cookpad
These fruit-and-nut bars are like soft granola bars; they make a hearty and delicious addition to a lunch box. Date and walnut loaf is a traditional bread eaten in Britain, made using dates and walnuts. It is often made with treacle or tea to give it a dark brown colour. Traditionally from Scotland, date and walnut loaf is still enjoyed in many tea rooms around the country. So if you're looking for an easy bake that will still impress friends and family with taste and presentation, try this deliciously simple date and walnut cake.