Swiss meringue buttercream. Swiss Meringue Buttercream will become your go-to buttercream frosting. Swiss meringue buttercream is silky and pipes beautifully on cakes and cupcakes. Swiss meringue buttercream is a very stable, light and fluffy buttercream that is not-to-sweet.
It's incredibly light and airy, yet rich and buttery at the same time. When you want a creamy smooth buttercream there are two choices, Swiss or Italian buttercream. I think the most common issue is related to adding the butter when the meringue is still too warm. You can cook Swiss meringue buttercream using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Swiss meringue buttercream
- You need 3/4 cup of pasteurized egg whites (carton).
- Prepare 6 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 3 cups of butter, room temp, cut up.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Swiss meringue buttercream is a silky smooth style of buttercream. It is made from a Swiss meringue which creates a stable buttercream that does not crust over. Use this buttercream recipe to make Black Forest Layer Cake with Cherry Preserves, Tiramisù Layer Cake with Mascarpone Mousse. Swiss Meringue Buttercream is actually very forgiving.
Swiss meringue buttercream step by step
- Cut up butter, let sit at room temp for a while (I usually cut in the morning and mix around dinner time!).
- Combine egg whites, powdered sugar, salt, in your mixer, mix about 5 minutes. Add white food coloring!.
- Begin adding your pieces of butter (1-2tbs at a time) if it begins to look curdled, you are doing it right! Just keep mixing!!.
- Once all butter is fully incorporated (about 15 minutes).
- Add the 2 tbsp vanilla extract..
- Continue to beat 10 more minutes..
My favorite part, though, is the fact that it is a perfect blank canvas for ANY flavor additions. I've listed off a bunch below to get you started. Swiss Meringue Buttercream may be made several days in advance of using it. Store refrigerated in an airtight container and then allow frosting to come to room temperature and stir well before using. Swiss Meringue Buttercream refers to a specific type of frosting made from egg whites, sugar, and butter.