Buttered Rum Nut Cake.
You can cook Buttered Rum Nut Cake using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttered Rum Nut Cake
- It’s of cake.
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 large of eggs, separated.
- It’s 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of buttered rum glaze.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rum.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of black walnuts.
Buttered Rum Nut Cake instructions
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy and well incorporated..
- Add egg yolks, one at a time beating well after each addition..
- Combine flour and baking soda. Add to creamed butter alternating with additions of sour cream. Begin with flour, end with flour..
- Mix in both extracts..
- In a separate bowl, beat room temperature egg whites until foamy. Gradually beating in 1/2 cup of sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form..
- Gently mix in half egg whites into batter and then gently fold in the rest of egg whites..
- Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan..
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 90 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- Cool in pan 10 minutes..
- While cooling prepare buttered rum glaze..
- In small sauce pan, heat butter , sugar, rum and water. Stir until this comes to a boil..
- Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in walnuts..
- Now turn cake out onto serving dish. Poke holes in cake at 1" intervals with meat fork or wooden skewer. Pour glaze over cake..
- Simply enjoy!.
- Recipe by Calvin given to taylor68too..
recipe by Taylor Topp @cookpad