Walnut & Raisin Pain de Campagne.
You can have Walnut & Raisin Pain de Campagne using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Walnut & Raisin Pain de Campagne
- Prepare 100 grams of ◆Bread flour.
- It’s 100 grams of ◆Cake flour.
- You need 50 grams of ◆Whole wheat flour (finely milled).
- Prepare 162 grams of ◆Lukewarm water (use cold water in the summer).
- Prepare 10 grams of ◆Sugar.
- You need 3 grams of ◆Salt.
- Prepare 3 grams of ◆Dry yeast.
- Prepare 30 grams of ◆ Roasted walnuts.
- You need 50 grams of Raisins.
- Prepare 1 of Joshinko or bread flour.
- Prepare 1 of Stainless steel bowl.
- You need 1 of Banneton (round bread rising bowl).
Walnut & Raisin Pain de Campagne step by step
- Take some roasted walnuts and finely chop them up (if they aren't roasted, the dry roast them and let them cool first)..
- Bring the three flours together and then sift twice..
- Add all the ◆ ingredients into a bread machine and set it to make the dough. After it has kneaded the dough for 6~7 minutes, stop it. Add in the raisins 3 minutes after it starts kneading the dough..
- Take the dough and place it in a bowl while gently shaping it..
- Cover it with plastic wrap and use your oven's proofing setting to let the dough rise. Let the dough rise at 35℃ for 35~40 minutes until the dough doubles in size. Once it does, the first rising is done..
- After the first rising, reform the dough into a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 20~30 minutes..
- Using a tea strainer, sift in 1/2 tablespoon of joshinko or bread flower into the banneton..
- After letting the dough rest, punch out the dough and reform it into a pretty ball. Next, place the dough into the banneton with the seam facing up, and cover it with plastic wrap..
- Let the dough proof at 35℃ for 25~30 minutes and once it's about 1.5 times larger, the second rising is done. Preheat your oven to 250℃ with the pan and bowl inside..
- Now, place parchment paper on top of the Banneton and then flip the dough over..
- With a wet knife, slash the top of the dough (about 5 mm deep)..
- Take the bowl out of the oven and then line a baking tray with parchment paper. Once done, place the dough on top and then the bowl over the dough..
- Lower the heat to 210℃ and then bake for 20~25 minutes. After it has baked for 7 minutes, take the bowl off of the dough. If it seems like it's becoming too golden brown too quickly, cover it with some aluminum foil..
- Once it's done, let it cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, put it in a plastic bag to prevent it from drying out..
- I used a 24 cm diameter, 8 cm tall stainless steel bowl. With this size, it will be okay even if the dough rises..
- It looks like this when cut. It's a simple and slightly sweet bread..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad