Kassanis sweet potato pie. Perhaps this will make a difference. She actually came up with this recipe by herself and she asked me to share it. With a menu item of sweet potato pie always on the dessert table, I knew blending the two would be perfection.
Recipe is very simple and quick to make. You can add various spices like cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg to sugar mixture to add a little spicy flavor. Sweet Potato Pie Tips How do you make pie crust from scratch? You can have Kassanis sweet potato pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kassanis sweet potato pie
- You need 1 lb of orange flesh sweet potatoes peeled cooked and cooled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of kosher salt.
- You need 1 of 9 inch ready made pie crust deep dish.
- You need 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
This pie is deeply spiced, silky smooth, and topped off with a homemade marshmallow whipped cream. If that idea alone doesn't speak to your soul, then the toasted coconut flakes scattered over the top will. It might be one of the great losses of our time that pumpkin pie is the one who stole the. Ready to learn how to make homemade sweet potato pie?
Kassanis sweet potato pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beush melted butter on the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake until it starts to brown. Let cool before filling it..
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients well with a hand mixer to remove the strings from the potatoes..
- Once crust os cool enough, add the filling and smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour and check. Bake up to 30 minutes more. The pie should be firm and set. Let cool at least an hour before serving. Store covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. Enjoy..
We're sharing our secret for the ultimate pie, plus a few of our favorite sweet potato pie recipes. Before the baking begins, be sure to select the best sweet potatoes possible for your pie. You'll end up with a sweeter pie that is beautifully colored and quickly devoured. Sweet Potato Pie is deliciously rich and perfect for your Thanksgiving table this year! A simple blend of baked sweet potatoes, evaporated milk and a blend of warm pumpkin pie spices fill a flaky homemade pie crust.