Date Nut Bread.
You can make Date Nut Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date Nut Bread
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey roasted cashews, ( or nut you prefer ) halfs and pieces plus about 10 whole ones to garnish top, garnish is optional..
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Date Nut Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl add dates, butter, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Heat buttermilk.just until.hot, pour over date mixture, stir and let stand 15 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla,baking powder, cinnamon and flour, stir well to combine.
- Stir in cahews.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Place the whole cashews in a line on top of batter. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack about 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around edges to release bread. Cool. This bread slices best if cooled overnight. It keeps very well wrapped in plastic wrap. It can Also be frozen whole or in sliced.
recipe by fenway @cookpad