Vegetarian egg rolls. Begin to fill and roll the egg rolls. Place one wrapper at a time on a clean surface and place about Turn the egg rolls over at least once during the baking time to prevent the bottoms from getting soggy. These egg rolls are made with egg roll wrappers (which you can find at most grocery stores over by all the tofu in the produce section … well at least at Kroger) shredded cabbage and carrots, green onion.
Egg rolls are a popular Chinese appetizer, but making them at home is easy! Making vegetarian egg rolls is easy when compared to the meat version. When you leave out the meat, you can use any variety of vegetables. You can have Vegetarian egg rolls using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian egg rolls
- It’s of filling.
- Prepare of the wonton wrapper receipe on my profile.
- You need of oil fir frying.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
- Prepare of white wine.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of red or green chili, minced (omit for mild egg rolls).
- You need of fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced and chopped.
- Prepare of Chinese cabbage OR regular "white" cabbage, sliced or shredded into thin matchstick-length pieces.
- It’s of spring (green) onions, sliced lengthwise into matchstick-length pieces.
- Prepare of eggs (vegans can omit the egg, or substitute 1/4 cup soft tofu).
- Prepare of fresh bean sprouts.
- Prepare of STIR-FRY SAUCE.
- Prepare of fish sauce OR vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese food stores), or substitute soy sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- Prepare of sugar.
In this veggie egg roll recipe, we use garlic, Shiitake. This is the best Vegetarian/Vegetable Egg Roll recipe. There is no meat and dairy. It's also a vegan spring roll recipe.
Vegetarian egg rolls step by step
- Mix all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup. Set aside..
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil around the pan, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance..
- Add the mushrooms plus 1 Tbsp. wine or cooking wine. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add more wine whenever wok/pan becomes dry..
- Add the cabbage and spring onions, continuing to stir-fry in the same way for another 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage has softened slightly..
- Push ingredients to the side of your wok or frying pan. Break the egg(s) into the space you have made, then quickly stir (like making scrambled eggs). When most of the egg is cooked, mix it up with the other ingredients. Vegans can also add the tofu now..
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry briefly – about 1 minute, allowing the bean sprouts to stay crisp..
- Remove from heat and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add some more fish sauce (or salt for vegans) to adjust the flavor..
- Place filling into wonton dough and roll shut. Use small amount of water to seal. Dried is better..
- Continue rolling in this way until all the filling has been used up. As you work, place finished rolls on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out..
- Place 1 cup (or more) oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. When oil starts to form thin moving lines across the bottom of the pan, turn down heat slightly..
- Dip a corner of one egg roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle/bubble and cook, the oil is ready. If nothing happens, allow oil to heat up a little longer..
- When oil is ready, carefully slide egg rolls in, or place them in oil with tongs. Allow to cook 1 minute (or until golden brown) then use tongs to turn and cook the other side..
- Place cooked egg rolls on a clean cloth or paper towel to drain..
- Eat warm. Also good reheated so can be prepared in advanced..
recipe by Tyler Ullery @cookpad
This egg roll/spring roll recipe is. Takeout-Style Veggie Egg Rolls. featured in Quicker Than Delivery Egg Rolls. Most egg rolls are filled with pork or beef or something of the like, but with these being vegetarian egg roll bowls, we're using my favorite shredded meat substitute…oyster mushrooms! Skinny Baked Vegetarian Egg Rolls with Peanut Sauce. You normally wouldn't think egg rolls would be healthy but these actually are!