Vickys Cherry Snowballs, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Cherry Snowballs, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Snowballs, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 225 grams of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine / butter.
- It’s 65 grams of icing sugar / powdered.
- Prepare 225 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 115 grams of whole unsalted pecans, ground* (you can use flour).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 28 of glace cherries.
- Prepare of powdered sugar for rolling.
Vickys Cherry Snowballs, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cream the margarine and icing sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients apart from the cherries and caster sugar.
- Mix well then take tablespoons of the dough and flatten out a little bit in your palm.
- Put a cherry in each circle then pinch the dough up and around the cherry so it's encased.
- Roll into balls and put onto a baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325°F.
- Bake the cookies for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Roll the balls in the sugar while they're warm. I recommend using icing sugar over superfine sugar.
- Let cool on a wire rack then keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- The ground nuts can be replaced with extra flour. Add a bit more vanilla though as the nuts impart good flavour.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad