Red Velvet Cupcake. These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite.
What do red velvet cupcakes taste like? Red velvet cupcakes will taste like cream cheese frosting with a slightly chocolatey cupcake base. Classic red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are always a hit! You can cook Red Velvet Cupcake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcake
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of red food colouring.
These are moist and flavorful, with a hint of cocoa and a slight buttermilk tang. Red velvet cake is not meant to have a super strong chocolate flavor. This has been my go-to red velvet cupcake recipe for years and years and I'm sure it will become your favorite too. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video.
Red Velvet Cupcake instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180°F C (350 degree F). Grease and line your cupcake pan..
- Sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, Salt and baking soda in a big bowl..
- In a medium bowl whisk vinegar, oil and sugar. Keep beating the mixture and add one egg at a time. Lastly add vanilla and red food color and beat to stir it in..
- Add red food color to butter milk and set aside..
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix. Slowly add the butter milk adding a little at a time..
- Bake for 30-40 minute for a cake and 25-30 minutes for cupcakes.6. Bake for 30-40 minute for a cake and 25-30 minutes for cupcakes..
Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting. These gorgeous red velvet cupcakes have hints of both chocolate and vanilla with rich red color, making them an exquisite treat. A smooth, tangy cream cheese frosting ties the flavors together. Really, really good red velvet cupcakes can be totally elusive, right? Here it is in cupcake form!