[Macrobiotic] Carrot Pound Cake.
You can cook [Macrobiotic] Carrot Pound Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of [Macrobiotic] Carrot Pound Cake
- You need of [Batter].
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 75 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 150 grams of Grated carrots (grated).
- You need 30 grams of Walnuts.
- It’s 30 grams of Raisins.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s of [Wet Ingredients].
- It’s 45 ml of Canola oil.
- Prepare 50 ml of Maple syrup.
- You need 150 ml of Apple juice.
[Macrobiotic] Carrot Pound Cake instructions
- Peel the carrots and the ginger and then grate them..
- Combine the cake flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix together with a whisk..
- Gently toast the walnuts in a frying pan. Then put them in a plastic bag and then break them up by crushing them with a rolling pin..
- Add the grated carrot, ginger and wet ingredients to the mixture from Step 2. Mix together with a spatula, and then add in the walnuts mixing until the mixture is no longer floury..
- Line a cake tin with parchment paper and pour the batter from Step 4 into it. Then gently even it out with a spatula..
- Place the cake tin on a baking tray, and bake for 50-60 minutes in an oven preheated to 180℃. Once baked, remove from the tin and leave the cake to cool..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad