Date-maki (Rolled Fish Omelette) for New Year's Easy in a Frying Pan!.
You can cook Date-maki (Rolled Fish Omelette) for New Year's Easy in a Frying Pan! using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date-maki (Rolled Fish Omelette) for New Year's Easy in a Frying Pan!
- You need of Hanpen.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Sake.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
Date-maki (Rolled Fish Omelette) for New Year's Easy in a Frying Pan! step by step
- Mash the hanpen. I used a blender. You can also use a hand mixer or squeeze them to pulp with your hands..
- Add the salt, sugar, and 1 egg and mix..
- Add the sake, soy sauce, and the remaining 2 eggs, mix until smooth, heat oil in a frying pan, pour in batter, then spread it out evenly with a paper towel..
- Cover with lid and bake for 10 to 15 minutes on very low heat..
- When it rises, touch the top surface; if it is not raw, then it's ready! It's also ready when it moves when you agitate the pan!.
- Layer a piece of aluminum foil over a sushi mat, place the baked egg on top, then roll it in the foil like a futomaki roll..
- Is this how it came out?? Be sure to cover both ends..
- Roll it in the sushi mat, evenly place 3 rubber bands around the roll, cool, then it's ready! All you have to do now is slice it up and arrange it in your jyubako (stacked boxes used for osechi-ryori)..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad