Black Bean & Okara Cake (Matcha & Kuromitsu Flavour).
You can make Black Bean & Okara Cake (Matcha & Kuromitsu Flavour) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Black Bean & Okara Cake (Matcha & Kuromitsu Flavour)
- You need 300 grams of Fresh okara.
- It’s 2 medium of Egg.
- You need 100 ml of Soy milk.
- You need 70 grams of Boiled kuromame.
- Prepare 2 stick of Matcha (I used store-bought matcha latte mix).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Kuromitsu.
- You need of Brown sugar walnuts & koshi-an version.
- You need 100 grams of Koshi-an (store-bought).
- You need 3 of Brown sugar coated walnuts (store-bought).
- You need 1 tbsp of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 of Used tea leaves (optional).
Black Bean & Okara Cake (Matcha & Kuromitsu Flavour) instructions
- Prepare the kuromame by soaking for 4-6 hours and boiling them..
- Make the cake batter by mixing the fresh okara with the matcha until it's evenly distributed..
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Mix the egg yolks with 1/2 of the kuromitsu and soy milk. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the rest of the sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form..
- Mix the egg yolk mixture into the okara mixture in 2 batches, add the black soy beans and stir in until evenly distributed..
- Add the whipped egg whites to the okara mixture in 2 batches, folding gently after each addition. Pour the mixture into the rice cooker pot and drop the pot from a height onto a surface to eliminate excess air bubbles..
- Cook in the rice cooker. Do this by first leaving the cake to cook on the normal rice cooking mode until it's half-baked. Then set it to cook again on quick cooking mode..
- To cool the cake, switch off the warming function, then open the lid and allow it to cool inside the rice cooker..
- Let the cake thoroughly cool until you can easily remove it from the rice cooker pot, then it's ready to eat..
- Here is another variation to this recipe: Mix used green tea leaves into the batter in place of the black soy beans, then sandwich some koshi-an and brown sugar walnuts for an authentic Japanese confectionary..
- For this version, the egg yolk should be mixed with 1 tablespoon of kuromitsu and the egg white should be mixed with 1 tablespoon of condensed milk. The cake should contain 100 g of koshi-an and 3 brown sugar walnuts. One cake is 145 kcal..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad