Easy Date Loaf.
You can have Easy Date Loaf using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Date Loaf
- It’s of Bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of Dates chopped.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Egg beaten.
- Prepare of Self-Raising Flour.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Vanilla Essence.
Easy Date Loaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Has Mark 5..
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda over chopped dates and add hot water..
- Beat the butter and sugar well, then add beaten egg, mixing well. Add the date mixture, flour, salt and vanilla essence. Mix well..
- Put the mixture into a lined 900g (2lb) loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until firm on top and a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Take out the tin after 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack..
recipe by studksc @cookpad