Grilled chicken cheese with ham. Whereas most party-friendly ideas for grilled cheese involve shrinking everyone's favorite sandwich down to finger food, we're heading in the opposite direction with this recipe. Wheat bread would be a good stand-in for the white bread in this modified ham-and-cheese sandwich. A creamy spread of sour cream, Dijon mustard, and Parmesan cheese adds lots of flavor.
It creates a super-crisp, cheesy crust. The famous Monte Cristo and Croque Madame sandwiches marry to form Chef John's delicious union of hot honey ham and Havarti held between crispy custard-soaked French toast and topped with a poached egg. Wrap the bread with ham or turkey, apple, arugula layered with cheese slices. You can cook Grilled chicken cheese with ham using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cheese with ham
- You need of boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each).
- It’s of Swiss cheese (1 oz each).
- Prepare of deli ham (1 oz each).
- It’s of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- You need of butter, melted.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of multicolored fingerling potatoes, cut in 3/4-inch pieces.
- It’s of chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves.
Substitute fresh spinach for the arugula. I like to have Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich for breakfast. This is my way of "eating like a king" during the first meal of the day. They say that it helps boosts the metabolism if you start your day with a heavy breakfast, so I always gave it a try.
Grilled chicken cheese with ham instructions
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18×12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray..
- In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. For each breast, cut 1 slice of cheese in half, and add to pocket; cut 1 slice ham in half, and add to pocket. Secure with toothpicks. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the mustard, the Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika. Brush chicken breasts with Dijon mixture..
- In medium bowl, mix remaining 1 tablespoon mustard, the melted butter, salt and pepper. Add potatoes, and toss to coat. Place chicken on center of each sheet of foil. Spoon potato mixture equally around each chicken breast..
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal..
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 9 to 11 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove packs from grill; cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil, and garnish with parsley..
- To make in oven, place packs on cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F); garnish with parsley..
- NOTES To make the pockets in the chicken breasts, use a small paring knife for better control. Make sure all the filling stays inside, where it belongs. Stuff cheese in pocket before adding ham so the ham blocks the exit..
recipe by Cooking Rabbit @cookpad
However, I think that I am overdoing it though. Keyword grilled ham and cheese sandwich, grilled ham and havarti. Layer on the ham and sliced cheese, and place the other piece of bread on top. Preheat a frying pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat for about a minute. Three types of cheese and a pinch of garlic give the childhood favorite If you like your grilled cheese with all the fixins' (think: bacon, avocado, a fried egg, and two kinds Grilled cheese stuffed with mozz, marinara, and chopped breaded chicken will be your new.