Mini Chiffon Cake With Just 1 Egg. Is Chiffon Cake The Same as Angel Food Cake? You might be more familiar with Angel Food Cake as they are commonly sold in grocery stores. The only difference between these two cakes is that Angel Food Cake uses no egg yolks and no fat, but chiffon cake includes them.
The best place to find and share home cooked recipes. Look pretty this mini chiffon cake with sprinkled of black sesame on it. I made this very light and fluffy Tofu Chiffon Cake last Friday and it was absolutely delicious! You can have Mini Chiffon Cake With Just 1 Egg using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Chiffon Cake With Just 1 Egg
- Prepare 1 medium of or large Egg white.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- You need 10 grams of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 medium of or large Egg yolk.
- It’s 10 grams of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 20 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1 of drop Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of Strawberries, any type of berries.
Instead of using the traditional chiffon tube pan, I switched to use cupcake liners and surprisingly, it came out great!! Orange Chiffon Cake: Separate the eggs while they are still cold. Place the egg yolks in one bowl and the whites (along with the extra egg white) in another. Chiffon cake is a type of foam cake, which has a high ratio of eggs to flour and is leavened mainly from the air beaten into the egg whites.
Mini Chiffon Cake With Just 1 Egg step by step
- Prepare 5 containers. Prepare 2 small clean bowls that have no moisture or oil (for egg yolk and for egg whites). Bowl 3: sugar and cornstarch. Bowl 4: sugar. Bowl 5: flour. Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Put barely a pinch of salt into the bowl with the egg whites and whip. Add sugar and cornstarch to the egg whites in 2 batches and beat. Use a hand mixer on high speed. Tilt the bowl but don't let the contents spill out..
- Using the same unwashed hand mixer, beat the egg yolk until foamy. Midway through, add 10 g of sugar and beat until thickened. Add 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of oil and beat together with a hand mixer on high..
- Sift 20 g of flour into the mixture from Step 3 and mix until smooth. First beat with a hand mixer, then switch to a rubber spatula to get the flour and batter off the edges and bring it all together neatly..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue made in Step 2 to the bowl from Step 4 and beat on high with a hand mixer. When it has been mixed together, transfer the contents (using a rubber spatula) to the bowl from Step 2 and mix together by gently scooping from the bottom, being careful not to break the foam. Mix evenly and add vanilla extract..
- Without greasing the mini chiffon mold, pour in the batter slowly so that it creeps to the sides. Don't add the batter that sticks to the sides. Right after pouring into the mold, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 170°C..
- After it has baked, drop it on the counter from a height of 30 cm to prevent shrinkage. When it has cooled slightly, cover completely with a plastic bag and refrigerate until chilled and moist..
- Once it has cooled completely, push the cake gently with your fingers, gently push up from the bottom and remove the cake from the mold. Use a butter knife if it won't come out..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar, top with strawberries or berries and you have finished a cute decorated cake It's tiny and fluffy and yummy..
It's similar to an angel food cake, but instead of using just egg whites, chiffon cake recipes use the whole egg. This gives a richer and more flavorful taste to the. Chiffon cake and angel food cake often get lumped into the same category. While they are both baked in the same pan and both get their airy texture Chiffon cakes are generally made with flour, eggs, sugar, and oil. The whipped egg whites provides the cake with much of its leavening, with the help of.