Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 230 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 170 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of (scant) xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- You need 240 ml of coconut milk / milk of choice – 3 tablespoons extra for gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 80 ml of melted sunflower spread / butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 of zest of 1 whole lemon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Lemon Glaze.
- You need 125 grams of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need of water.
Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8"cake tin or a 9" x 5" loaf tin.
- Zest and juice a whole lemon. You'll need some of the juice for the cake and some for the icing.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients including the lemon zest in another.
- Mix the wet into the dry and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and bake 30 – 35 minutes for a cake tin and 40 – 45 minutes for a loaf tin or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the glaze add 1 & 1/2 tbsps lemon juice into the icing sugar and mix until combined. Add more lemon juice or water a few drops at a time to thin down to your desired taste and consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake. The cleanest way is to put some parchment paper or clingfilm underneath the cooling rack then once the glaze sets you can just throw the paper away.
- Slice and enjoy!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad