Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan).
You can make Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan)
- Prepare of Eggplant – small Japanese type.
- You need of Lotus root (it's convenient if you use ready-made lotus root).
- Prepare of knob ☆Ginger, finely chopped.
- It’s of ☆Chopped garlic.
- It’s of ☆Soy sauce.
- You need of ☆Mirin.
- It’s of ☆Vinegar.
- You need of ☆Sugar (I used beet sugar).
- Prepare of ☆Doubanjiang (as desired).
- It’s of Oil.
Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) step by step
- Remove the eggplant stems, slice them into 1 cm rounds, sprinkle salt, and leave to rest for a while. Slice the lotus roots..
- Mix the ☆ sauce ingredients..
- Microwave the lotus root for a minute and add the sauce from Step 2 (flavor penetrates better if you warm it)..
- Wash off the salt from the eggplants and pat dry with paper towels..
- Heat oil in a frying pan or a pot, and cook the eggplant. It's more delicious if you add more oil, but it increases the calorie..
- When browned, combine with the lotus roots and mix..
- Serve on a plate and it's done! The on in the photo is garnished with mizuna greens. It's also delicious garnished with green onions..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad