Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie. Drop the dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the top of the chicken mixture. Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – This Chicken Pot Pie is creamy and comforting, while being made easy into a chicken casserole! Pot Pies make for a delicious and comforting meal during the fall and winter months.
This pot pie recipe begins on the stovetop and is finished in the oven to bake the biscuits on top. Drop biscuits are the simplest of biscuits to make and using an ice cream scoop keeps them uniform in size for even baking. This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping. You can have Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast diced.
- You need 2 cup of frozen carrots,peas,corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter unsalted.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 6 oz of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
Instead of the usual pastry crust, this chicken pie is topped with savory cheese biscuits. The biscuit dough is rolled to a pan-size rectangle and the biscuits are cut into squares, so none of the dough is wasted. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. This Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Chive Biscuits is SO delicious, and a fun twist on traditional chicken pot pie.
Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 450. Add half stick of butter to a large skillet pan. Sweat onions for about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes. Slowly add 1/4 cup flour to the pan while whisking. Cook about 2 minutes..
- Add 3 cup chicken broth , stir. Add 3 oz parmesan cheese. Stir . Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Just enough time to make your cheesy biscuits..
- In a medium mixing bowl, add these ingredients for the cheesy biscuits topper…. 2 cup flour, 3 oz parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk to mix…. add 1 cup milk and half stick melted butter. Whisk and mix well..
- Add rounded spoonfuls of the biscuit mix into the pan. Do it in a clockwise formation starting outside in. Biscuits will expand . Don't worry if you think it looks weird, it will work and you'll love it..
- Place in oven. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Biscuits should turn a delicious golden brown ..
A classic creamy filling of chicken, carrots, celery, and potatoes is studded with sharp cheddar cheese, and these topped with fluffy, tender biscuits. This easy homemade pot pie combines cooked chicken, peas, carrots, and onion in a creamy chicken sauce. Top with spoonfuls of drop biscuit dough, or use pre-made refrigerated biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and sugar. Add the milk and the egg, stirring until just combined.