Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake – Super Healthy Christmas Treat.
You can have Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake – Super Healthy Christmas Treat using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake – Super Healthy Christmas Treat
- You need 1.1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Grated Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Room Temperature Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Warm Water.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1.1/4 cup of Dry Fruits and Nuts (combination of raisins, seedless dates, dried apricot, pistachios, tutti frutti, cashews, dried blueberries, dried red cranberries).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Nuts (chopped almonds, walnuts).
- You need 1 tsp of Fennel.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Refined Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fennel.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake – Super Healthy Christmas Treat step by step
- In a bowl add dried blueberries, red cranberries, raisins, pistachios and 1 cup of hot water. Keep it aside for half an hour (covered). After half an hour drain water. Take soaked berries, raisins, pistachios (chopped) and mix with other nuts. Then toss all dry fruits and nuts with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Keep it aside. Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder. Now add dry fruits, nuts and mix them well..
- Wet Ingredients – Grind milk, warm water, jaggery, oil in a mixer. Now add dry and wet ingredients together. Cake batter is ready to bake. Pour batter into the pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes in preheated pressure cooker..
- Pressure Cooker Method: Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Important Notes: Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium..
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn (overbake) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand. No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker..
- How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker? Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter (Do not put water inside the pressure cooker). Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid..
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes.Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately..
- Tips : Adjust jaggery according to your taste. Use room temperature or cold milk. Don’t use hot milk otherwise milk may curdle. The acidity in the jaggery will curdle the milk if milk is hot. Mix Dry Fruits & Nuts: In a bowl add dried blueberries, red cranberries, raisins, pistachios and 1 cup of hot water. Keep it aside for half an hour (covered). After half an hour drain water..
- Take soaked berries, raisins, pistachios and mix with other nuts, fennel. Then toss all dry fruits and nuts with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Keep them aside. If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour 10 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes..
recipe by MadAboutCooking @cookpad