Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 360 grams of (2 & 1/2 cups) plain or gluten-free flour.
- It’s 90 grams (1 cup) of quick oats.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 225 grams (1 cup) of butter, softened.
- Prepare 200 grams (1 cup) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 240 grams (1 cup) of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 130 grams of (2 & 1/2 cup) finely grated carrot, around 2 medium sized carrots.
- You need 130 grams (1 cup) of chopped pecans (optional).
Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Whisk together the flour, quick oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and xanthan gum if using https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338049-vickys-gluten-free-flour-mix-4-cakes-cookies.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour gradually until it's all cut in.
- Mix in the carrots and pecans then cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 60 minutes, 90 is really best to stop them spreading out so much.
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 inches apart. You'll need to do this in batches so leave the unused dough in the fridge until needed.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes then let cool on the tray until you can peel them off the parchment paper.
- Once cooled, sandwich two cookies together with a buttercream or cream cheese filling. My basic buttercream recipe is 150g butter (I use Vitalite sunflower spread or gold foil Stork brand margarine) to 350g icing / powdered sugar and a dash each of vanilla extract and milk to thin to spreading consistency.
- Makes 48 cookies or 24 sandwich cookies. Store in an airtight container.
- Here are a few of my other sandwich cookie recipes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360643-vickys-tiramisu-sandwich-cookies https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350939-vickys-valentine-chocolate-shortbread-hearts-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361136-vickys-nutter-butter-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360763-vickys-oreo-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363081-vickys-maple-pecan-autumn-leaf-sandwich-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/336167-vickys-easter-bonnet-cookies.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad