Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Polenta.
- You need 8 of large tomatoes, halved.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 600 grams of onions, finely sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 480 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 840 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 250 grams of polenta.
- It’s 120 ml of coconut cream.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Bean Salad.
- It’s 400 grams of green beans, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 of red chillies, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of parsley, finely chopped.
Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 9 / 240C / 475 and line a baking tray.
- Put the tomatoes cut sides up on the tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, heat the other 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and caramelize the onion – cook the onions gently until softened, then add the sugar and stir occasionally until the onion is very soft and browned.
- Pour the milk and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta and let simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Grease a 22cm springform cake tin.
- Stir the cream and garlic into the polenta mixture and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven down to gas 8 / 220C / 450°F.
- Spread the polenta evenly into the cake tin.
- Layer the caramelized onions on top, then the tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before releasing from the tin.
- While cooling, make the bean salad. Simply boil the beans for a few minutes until tender, then drain and toss with the oil, juice, chilli and parsley. Serve hot.
- Cut the polenta into wedges and serve hot with the bean salad.
- Serves 6 – 8.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad