Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup.
You can have Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup
- It’s of bay leaf.
- Prepare of parsley.
- It’s of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- Prepare of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare of large onion diced.
- Prepare of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of water.
- You need of water for soaking.
- It’s of dried Garbanzo beans.
- Prepare of saffron flowers not the stems.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of ground cumin.
- You need of large limes.
Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup step by step
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad