Spicy Carrot Cake.
You can have Spicy Carrot Cake using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Carrot Cake
- You need 140 grams of Oatmeal.
- It’s 200 ml of Natural unprocessed soy milk.
- Prepare 40 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 40 grams of Raisins.
- Prepare 40 grams of Beet sugar (or white sugar).
- It’s 120 grams of Carrot.
- You need 60 grams of ★Cake flour.
- Prepare 8 grams of ★Aluminium-free baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ★Cinnamon and nutmeg.
- It’s of Topping:.
- Prepare 1 of Macrobiotic whipped "cream".
- You need 1 of Raisins, etc..
Spicy Carrot Cake step by step
- Pulverize the oatmeal in a food processor or mill into a powder. Combine in a bowl with the soy milk, and let the oatmeal absorb the moisture..
- Process the carrot in a food processor until it is very finely chopped. Roast the walnuts in a toaster oven for 5 minutes, and chop up roughly with a knife. Roughly chop the raisins..
- Add the carrot, walnuts, and raisins to the bowl from Step 1, and mix well..
- Sift in the ★ ingredients, and fold in using a rubber spatula until well incorporated..
- Fill a cake pan (or a plastic container lined with parchment paper) about 80% of the way with the batter..
- Start heating the steamer over high heat. When steam starts to rise, put in the pan from Step 5 and steam over high heat for 25 to 30 minutes. If a bamboo skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean it's done..
- Cut up and serve as-is for breakfast. It is not that sweet..
- Top with "Macrobiotic whipped 'cream'"to serve as dessert. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148565-macrobiotic-whipped-cream.
- By the way, you can use quick-cook oatmeal (on the right) or regular oatmeal (on the left)..
- If you make this in small containers such as muffin tins, steam for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Enjoy one of these for a healthy snack!.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad