Easy Macrobiotic Recipe Walnuts & Burdock Root Tart.
You can have Easy Macrobiotic Recipe Walnuts & Burdock Root Tart using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Macrobiotic Recipe Walnuts & Burdock Root Tart
- Prepare of Tart Crust.
- It’s 30 grams of ☆Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 50 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Canola oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cold water.
- Prepare of Soy milk cream.
- You need 300 ml of Soy milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Beet sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White sesame paste.
- You need 1/2 of heaped teaspoon Powdered kanten.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Rum essence (optional).
- You need of Caramelized burdock root & walnuts.
- You need 50 grams of Burdock root (julienned).
- It’s 30 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Oatmeal for topping (optional).
Easy Macrobiotic Recipe Walnuts & Burdock Root Tart step by step
- Soy milk cream: Put all the ingredients in a small pot and mix well with a whisk..
- Turn on the heat, keep stirring the ingredients for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Turn off the heat, and leave it until it sets. It may be better if you make this cream the day before you make the tart and keep it in the fridge..
- Tart crust: Combine the ☆ dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Add the canola (or vegetable) oil, and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly..
- Add the cold water to Step 3, mix lightly and bring the mixture together by hand. Wrap with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare the caramelized burdock root and walnuts. Julienne the burdock root and soak it in a bowl of water (not listed) to remove its harsh taste. Roughly chop the walnuts..
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan, fry the burdock root until it's coated with the oil. Add the maple syrup, and add the soy sauce to season them..
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Roll out the rested dough with a rolling pin until it has become slightly larger than the tart pan..
- Press the dough into the tart pan by hand, and cut off the excess dough. Pierce the bottom of the crust all over with a fork, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 180℃..
- Take out the crust, and spread the cream from Step 2. Sprinkle with oatmeal to taste, and evenly add Step 6 on top..
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180℃. When it's baked, let cool on a cooling rack, and it's done..
- It's delicious if you chill it in the fridge If you have leftover dough, cut out a shape with a cookie cutter and bake with the tart to make biscuits..
- Soy milk cream is quite runny. If you don't have much time, cool the pot over ice, or make the cream the day before and keep it in the fridge..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad