Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake.
You can make Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake
- Prepare of Ingredients to mix in the food processor.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots (cut into circular slices).
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 5 tbsp of Brown rice amazake.
- You need 1 of Egg (or for a non-egg.
- Prepare 50 ml of Soy milk (mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar).
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 50 grams of Oatmeal (crushed by hand).
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need of Fillings (Should make approximately 1 cup when combined).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Shredded coconut.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Raisins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Nuts (walnuts, almonds).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Seeds (sunflower seeds, kabocha squash seeds etc.).
Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake instructions
- Firstly, prepare the fillings. They should make about 1 cup's worth of ingredients when combined. I added everything to the cup here..
- Next, prepare the powder ingredients. Add all the powdered ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a whisk..
- Now prepare the carrots! Wash the carrots and slice into circular slices. you're going to put them in the food processor so it doesn't matter if they're chopped roughly..
- Add the carrots and ginger to the food processor and give them a quick blend..
- Add the oil, amazake, egg and soy milk to the food processor as well and quickly bend again. Make sure to unstick any carrots that have stuck to the side of the food processor with a spatula and push them back down..
- Once blended, add the mixture to a large bowl. Add in the powdered ingredients and gently mix with a spatula..
- When mostly mixed, add in the filling ingredients and mix again. The resulting mixture should be thicker than even that of a pancake..
- Pour the mixture into a pound cake tin and bake for 25 minutes at 190°C..
- Cut the cake open to find it packed with delicious filling. The outside of the cake should be nice and crispy while the centre remains moist..
- You can use this recipe to make something to replace the egg. Even if you don't use real egg, this cake will still come out nice and moist. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146799-vegan-egg-subsitute-for-those-allergic-to-eggs.
- If you scoop the mixture out onto a baking tray with a spoon you can make scones..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad