Tamarind and Date Chutney.
You can have Tamarind and Date Chutney using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tamarind and Date Chutney
- You need 50 grams of tamarind.
- Prepare 100 grams of Dates.
- Prepare 100 grams of Jaggery.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
Tamarind and Date Chutney step by step
- Pit the dates and the soak them with the tamarind and jaggery in about 2cups of water for 2 hours.
- When cool strain till just the husks of tamarind and dates remain,water can be added to ease the repeat process..
- Then boil this mixture till it reaches boiling point then simmer for 5-7minutes..
- Add water if mixture dries up and starts burning..
- Strain mixture when it cools till the husk of tamarind remain,you you will need to do repeats by adding water to achieve that..
- If chutney is too runny you might need to boil again to get rid of excessive water and any way it I'd a good idea if you want to freeze it and store for long (1 month).
- Cool add the rest of the ingredients,mix well and serve it as an iron loaded,fat free dip for veggies,munchies or combine with yogurt and boiled potatoes for a side dish..
recipe by nimbu @cookpad