Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake
- You need 4 of Whole egg.
- Prepare 60 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- It’s 50 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 80 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 of net weight 120 grams Kabocha squash.
- You need 30 grams of Walnut (chopped) or almond.
Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake step by step
- Separate eggs into whites and yolks. Keep each in separate bowls. Roast the walnut in 120℃ for about 5 minutes and let it cool. Preheat the oven to 170℃!.
- Sift the cake flour..
- Take out the seeds from the kabocha squash. Wash the kabocha squash well and heat it up in a microwave for 4 minutes. Heat up until you can stick a bamboo skewer through without much pressure. Scrape off the meat inside of the kabocha squash and mash. Chop up the skin..
- Add half of the raw cane sugar to the egg whites and mix well using a whisk until the mixture becomes like mayonnaise. Add vegetable oil little at a time and mix well after each addition..
- Add the kabocha squash paste into the bowl from Step 3 and mix. Add milk as well and mix..
- Add sifted cake flour to the mixture while sifting it once again. Mix using a rubber spatula in a cutting motion! Mix well quickly until the mixture becomes shinny..
- Whip the egg whites using a hand mixer. Add the rest of the raw cane sugar in two to three portions and whip up a stiff meringue..
- Add 1/3 of meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix well using a whisk..
- Put all egg yolk mixture from Step 8 into the bowl of meringue and mix well quickly in a cutting motion..
- Add the skin of the kabocha squash, walnut and mix..
- Pour all of the batter into the cake pan and lightly tap the cake pan on the work board. Stick a bamboo skewer into the batter and stir to eliminate big air bubbles..
- Bake in a 170℃ preheated oven for 35 minutes, and then it is ready..
- When the cake is ready, let it cool upside down until it is completely cool..
- You can use any kind of nuts, but make sure to roast them before using. It will also be delicious if you sprinkle sliced almonds on the bottom of the cake pan..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad