Lima Beans and Ham.
You can have Lima Beans and Ham using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Lima Beans and Ham
- It’s 1 pound of baby dried lima beans.
- It’s 1 pound of lima beans.
- You need 3 pounds of ham semi-boneless.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 3 quarts of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
Lima Beans and Ham instructions
- Heat the water to bring to a boil..
- While that's happening take half the ham and cube it. Take the other half and hand shred it. Add to the water..
- Wash and look the beans over removing anything that isn't a bean. Add to the ham and water..
- Dice the two onions and add..
- Boil for 2-1/2 hours covered stirring occasionally..
- At the time when two hours are gone by add the salt. Stir well and boil 30 minutes more..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! I love mine with hot vinegar sauce see my recipe..
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad