Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake. This is a perfect finish to any meal. Place bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and strawberries. They are barely sweet and light, while still being a shortcake consistency.
Turbinado sugar is available at most. Strawberries + sweet biscuits + whipped cream. Every summer has a different song anthem with the latest chart-topping hit, but the summer dessert Completely homemade strawberry shortcake is easier than you think. You can make Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake
- It’s 1 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar, plus more for sprinkling.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of half-and-half, plus more for brushing.
Skip the store-bought biscuits and toss the packaged whipped cream that's. Shortcake biscuits are easy to make with Bisquick because you don't have to worry about For some odd reason, Bisquick no longer shows the sweet shortcake biscuit recipe on their box. So here it is, the original Bisquick biscuit recipe for strawberry shortcake. I also made a vegan and dairy-free.
Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In cold glass bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt..
- Add cold butter and blend with a cold pastry blender or fork until coarse meal is formed..
- Add half-and-half and mix gently with a fork or spatula just until incorporated. It should still be kinda crumbly and that's the way you want it..
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and fold over a couple of times just until it holds together..
- Pat to about 3/4 inch thick and cut into 4 3" biscuits. Mine were a little thinner, so I got 5 biscuits..
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with half-and-half and sprinkle with sugar..
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack..
- For strawberry shortcake: Split biscuit, add mascerbated strawberries with syrup on bottom biscuit. Add whipped cream then biscuit top..
Homemade shortcake biscuits for the perfect strawberry shortcake. Not spongy but crumbly and sweet. Serve with your favorite fruit, bake and freeze ahead. When I say real, old fashioned strawberry shortcake with homemade short cake biscuits, I hope you all know what I mean. Hundreds of home cooks have made these strawberry shortcake biscuits a top-rated recipe, and for good reason.