Are you craving something sweet but short on time? Look no further than the perfect chocolate mug cake. This delicious dessert can be made in just minutes and requires only a few simple ingredients. Whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or impress your friends and family with a quick and easy dessert, this recipe is sure to please.
– 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour – 4 tablespoons granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 teaspoon baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 3 tablespoons milk – 2 tablespoons vegetable oil – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
1. In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. 2. Add in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract, and stir until well combined. 3. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter. 4. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. 5. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
– Calories: 343 – Fat: 16g – Carbohydrates: 46g – Protein: 4g – Fiber: 3g – Sugar: 31g
This recipe takes just 1 minute and 30 seconds to cook in the microwave.
– Microwave-safe mug – Whisk
– Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. – Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. – Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
– Peanut Butter Mug Cake: Substitute peanut butter for the vegetable oil. – Nutella Mug Cake: Substitute Nutella for the cocoa powder. – Red Velvet Mug Cake: Add red food coloring to the batter.
– Gluten-Free: Substitute gluten-free all-purpose flour for regular all-purpose flour. – Dairy-Free: Substitute dairy-free milk for regular milk.
This recipe is best enjoyed fresh out of the microwave. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
– Make sure to whisk the batter well to ensure it is evenly mixed. – If your mug cake is still gooey in the middle after cooking, microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds. – Be careful when removing the mug from the microwave, as it will be hot.
– This recipe makes one serving. – You can use any type of milk in this recipe, including almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use self-rising flour instead of all-purpose flour?
No, self-rising flour contains baking powder and salt, which are already included in this recipe.
Can I make this without a microwave?
This recipe is designed for the microwave, but you can try baking it in the oven at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, simply double all of the ingredients and divide the batter evenly between two microwave-safe mugs.
In conclusion, the perfect chocolate mug cake is a quick and easy dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With just a few simple ingredients and a microwave, you can enjoy a delicious treat in just minutes. So why not give it a try and indulge in some mug cake heaven?