Wacky Apple Cake.
You can make Wacky Apple Cake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wacky Apple Cake
- It’s of butter.
- You need of sugar or equivalent of sugar substitute.
- Prepare of egg, beaten (or equivalent of egg substitute).
- Prepare of flour (gluten-free or regular).
- You need of xanthum gum, if using gluten-free flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- You need of cinnamon.
- You need of milk of choice.
- Prepare of apples, pared & thinly sliced.
- You need of melted butter.
- Prepare of sugar or equivalent of sugar substitute.
- You need of heavy cream.
Wacky Apple Cake step by step
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, & eggs. Beat well..
- Sift flour, xanthum gum, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, & cinnamon together. Sift 2 more times. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk..
- Pour into 8×8 pan..
- Place apple slices in rows until batter is completely covered..
- Pour melted butter over all. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar..
- Place in 375 degrees oven. Bake for 30 minutes..
- Pour heavy cream over cake..
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until cake is done..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad