Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup.
You can cook Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- You need of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- You need of Celery.
- You need of small, Turnip.
- Prepare of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- It’s of small, Onion.
- You need of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- It’s of Cilantro (one).
- Prepare of medium, Potatoes.
- It’s of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- You need of basil (two).
- You need of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- You need of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- It’s of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- Prepare of Base.
- You need of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- Prepare of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- It’s of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- It’s of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- Prepare of Cookware.
- Prepare of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- It’s of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Prepare of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- You need of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- Prepare of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- Prepare of white pepper.
- It’s of cracked, Red Pepper.
- Prepare of Starch.
- Prepare of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- It’s of Optional.
- It’s of Kale, chopped.
- It’s of Spinach.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup instructions
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
recipe by aaron.mittelmeier @cookpad